As we age, there are certain tweaks and changes that need to be made in our exercise routines and plans. Here are a few basic areas to focus if you are between 40 and 60.
1. Keep boredom at bay, be creative.
2. Vary activities, very day, every time.
3. Increase Flexibility training
4. Continue Cardiovascular training
5. Change up Strength training
6. Play sports such as tennis, golf
7. Focus on Core training
8. Incorporate Balance training
9. Add Mental training
10. Practice Yoga
Reference: “Fitness Plans for the ages,” The Palm Beach Post, Sunday, November 27, 2005