We all need a fundamental starting point and occasionally we need to regroup and reestablish the foundation of a solid fitness plan. Here are a few keys points.
1. Basic movements include squat, lunge, ab crunch, ab twist, arm push and arm pull, see Basic Fitness Movements
2. Follow body composition, not body weight. Stay off the scale!
3. Train low back as well as abdominals, see Low Back Exercises, Fitness Book of Lists.
4. Take steps more frequently
5. Remember, moderation rules
6. Include rotation in exercises and stretches
7. Reduce your stress levels as work, home, etc.
8. Have fun
9. Enjoy and appreciate exercise
10. Use variety