Body Work has many benefits for our bodies and soul. Sometimes it is confusing which type is best for an individual. Here is a basic list to get your research started.
- Aromatherapy, therapeutic use of aromatic plant extracts and essential oils
- ayurveda and yoga
- Deep tissue, designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia
- Myofascial release, technique for stretching the fascia and releasing bonds between fascia, integument, and muscles
- Reiki, technique of transmitting life energy by placing the hands gently in specific positions either on or above the body
- Shiatsu, applied pressure with thumbs, fingers, and palms to the same energy meridians as acupressure, uses stretching
- Sports, designed to enhance athletic performance and recovery
- Stone Therapy, uses cold or water-heated stones to apply pressure and heat to the body
- Swedish, uses five styles of long, flowing strokes to massage
- Thai, originated in India and is based on
- Therapeutic, involves acting on and manipulating the body with pressure
Find the benefits of bodywork either by visiting us here at VirtuFit or locating a practitioner near you.