Lake Ida, located in Delray Beach, Florida has two major parks, one located at 1455 Lake Ida Road and one at 950 N.W. 9th Street, Delray Beach, Florida. Lake Ida was named for Ida M Lowry Linton. She was as a Civic Leader, having organized the Saginaw Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution. She was twice president of the Woman’s Hospital Association. Her father William H. Lowry, was a veteran of the Civil War, retiring as first lieutenant.
Here is a timeline of her life:
• 1856 born in Romeo, MI
• 1878 married William Linton (yes as in Linton Avenue. Delray)
• 1910 living at 811 Jefferson Ave. in Saginaw, Saginaw, Mich married to William with children Raymond, Laurence, and Elsie.
• 1920 living at 811 South Jefferson Ave, Saginaw. MI married to William with children Laurence and Elsie.
• 1930 living at 811 Jefferson Ave, Saginaw, MI, Ida was living alone, widowed head of house.
• 1940 lived in “Home for the Aged” in Saginaw Saginaw MI
• 1946 Ida Lowry Linton died Saginaw, Michigan
Sources: www.ancestry.com, www.historicpalmbeach.com
Marc D. Thompson, owner of VirtuFit® & VirtuGen, is a prominent fitness trainer, personal coach & professional genealogist with a background in medicine, exercise physiology & family history research. He has pioneered virtual training and teaches via webcam one-on-one and group classes. He also combines traditional genealogical research methods with cutting edge internet surfing while using multiple computers to produce the fastest, most accurate results. Along with over 25 years of experience in both fields, he draws from thousands of exercises, fitness disciplines, sports psychology techniques, nutritional principals & research techniques to teach & empower each individual client. His published works have appeared in Fighting Chance Magazine, Love’s Chance Magazine, Northern Stars Magazine, Offerings, Poetry Motel, Suzerian Enterprises and The Pink Chameleon. www.marcdthompson.net